Lately, my family and friends visited our hometown, the City of Gentle People, Dumaguete City, Philippines.

Though it was only a 3-day stay there but everybody had lots of fun. And I myself was very much happy seeing my mother and my siblings, relatives and friends as well. I traveled with my motorcycle and the rest took a 5-6 hours trip through Ceres Bus Liner.

We left home early of April 4, 2011 past 3am and arrived in Dumaguete City past 10am. Though the trip going there was tiresome but the thrill and excitement to be once again with my family overcame it all. My mother was surprised when I arrived because we intended not to inform them of our visit. We all had a healthy lunch and everyone was full and took time resting while I looked for some cold beer to cool me off :).

Before the sun sets that very day, we all decided to stroll around at the famous Boulevard, just a walk away from our home. We ordered delicacies that were offered there and after that we roamed the length of the boulevard and took pictures as keepsake especially for some of our friends who were first timers in Dumaguete City. We all went home and took a full dinner with the family. Beers and hard drinks were visible that night and I slept well after a round of drinks as everyone also did for the next day's activities.

The cocks from the neighborhoods woke me up at around 5am and as usual I did my early morning rituals before I took a cup of hot coffee while the rest of the group were still asleep. The sun was so bright that very day and we all took breakfast and planned what's the next activity to do and where to go to. We all decided to have beach party. So the whole morning was so busy preparing for foods to bring to the beach. The group arrived at the beach before lunchtime and we all took our lunch there while the kids took time swimming at the clear blue seas that quietly rushes to the shores.


The sun was atop of us and the heat was so inviting. We took time spending at the beach taking pictures and swimming at the depths while the kids were left at the shorelines. The day ended with us all full of smiles and enjoyments.... with traces of tan among our skins... and of course the rest of us were bit drunk when we decided to go home.

The next day being the last day of our short stay was planned to visit the grave of my father at Valencia, Negros Oriental, the origin of the known Palimpinon Geothermal Plant.

Taken at the grave of my father in Valencia, Negros Oriental

We all set to go as early as possible because after our visit to my father we will all be proceeding to a mountain resort to spend the rest of the day dipping at the cold waters in the pool. The following scenes were taken inside the mountain resort.






That very night, we all went to hear live band at a bar near the boulevard. Being the last night of our stay there, we took time spending the whole night drinking and watching live band. The night ended with us all truly enjoyed with full of memories of my hometown. The group decided to depart as early as 6am the next day while I left around 5am riding with my motorcycle going back to our place of origin, the City of Smiles, Bacolod City, Philippines.

Our short stay at Dumaguete City was indeed full of good memories and enjoyment that each and everyone of us will always cherish. 

Check also my website featuring pretty Ilongga faces http://prettyfaces.yolasite.com